Wonderful people wander into our lives. Some stay for years and some only for seconds. Each day you experience a multitude of moments that make their imprint on your life. Like a flitting dragonfly, skimming so close to the water, we traverse through our routines each day. We pay no notice to the beauty of chance instants…the instants that make us exhale, make us smile, give us joy for a brief twinkling.

Today I begin to share my moments with you. Today I promise to savor my moments.



Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday Quickie...Quickie Post!

I received good news on my liver ultrasound & test. Again, I need to keep on working my program of healthy eating, losing weight (another 20 lbs by Christmas,) walking, walking, walking, rest - uh, no, sleep of 9 hours per night minimum and a daytime nap was ordered- stress maintenance and switching to gluten free was recommended.  New mantra: I am managing the Lupus; it is NOT managing me!

So, I am spending the day resting (sleeping) and researching more on gluten free (even soy sauce has gluten in it!) My painting project is on hold until tonight or tomorrow. No deadline.

As a quickie Saturday post I wanted to go back to my love of dragonflies...

Bolton Lancashire (UK); andy@uncutfishing.co.uk; http://www.uncutfishing.co.uk/


Did you know that female dragonflies are DAMSELflies and young dragonflies are called NYMPHS? Pretty romantic for a bug, huh?

 DAMSEL

NYMPH
Dragonfly, Damselfly, Dragonfly Nymph - N.E. Florida


These romantic predators eat those disease carrying mosquitoes, so respect them! They cannot bite or sting you. They just fly like they are trained machines and look amazingly beautiful while ridding the summer nights of pests!

This shot of a Male Black Meadowhawk was taken at Keely Lake, Saskatchewan in July 2005. The Dragonfly stayed on my foot for at least a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment